The lovely Katie from She Likes Ruffles, He Likes Truffles tagged me in this fun lil game going around the blog world. I love talking about myself, so I was happy to oblige
1. If you could only wear one color for the next 10 years, what would it be and why?
Oh this is tough! I love bright colors so it definitely wouldn’t be black/brown/gray/white or any other neutral. My favorite color is green. Loooove green. Plus it looks look with my kinda-red hair. My eyes are blue and when I wear blue they POP like crazy. People have asked me if my eyes are “real” before. No, they’re glass, asshole. Anyway, I’m going to say a nice blue/green, turquoise-y color would be the one I would wear for 10 years.
2. If you had to replace the Internet with another activity for 10 days, what would it be and why?
Oh dear. Well, I’d probably have to go shopping to get over my withdrawal. Then I’d bake and cook so I could eat my feelings of longing-ness. Finally I’d spend a lot of time at various vineyards sampling wine, leaving in a hazy fog, and falling asleep right when I got home. Clearly I need the Internet.
3. What is your favorite thing to do on a day off?
Ha, every day is a day off in my world right now (unemployed and all that.) But really, I do love to shop. I’m not one of those girls who looks at shopping as a “chore.” Oh no, I loooove it. My mom and I used to take trips to NYC or Chicago not to see the sights, but to go shopping. I’d like those days back, please!
4. What is the strangest food or food combination that you love to eat?
5. Who would you want to play you if a movie was made about your life?
I don’t think I look like many actresses. Some one once told me I look like Ashley Judd. I don’t see it. Another person told me I look like Victoria Beckham and after seeing these pictures, I’m a bit inclined to believe him:
I mean, ok, she has brown eyes so we’d have to change that. And the whole accent thing. But she can rock the curly hair and has a turned up nose, just like me! We’re practically twins. Right?
6. Which TV show would you like to have a cameo in?
I would DIE to be a guest judge on Project Runway. I would go into the workroom (so I could hang out with Tim and piss off the designers) then judge the looks as they came down the runway. Wouldn’t that be SO FUN?
7. What is your absolute favorite dessert item…either homemade or at a restaurant?
I have 2 and I’m sorry Katie, but I don’t care what you say, I’m allowed to have 2 absolute favorite dessert items.
1. Brownies. I like them fudgey, not cakey. NO NUTS. (Although if that’s all there is I guess I’ll have one.)
2. Creme brulee. And don’t fancy it up with chocolate or fruit-infused custard, either. No. Regular custard is THE ONLY way to go when it comes to creme brulee. I once had pineapple creme brulee and it was effing disgusting.
8. Which accomplishment in your life are you most proud of and why?
Taking a leap of faith and moving to DC. It would have been really easy to live a nice, comfortable life in Ohio. But the downside would be boredom, more of the same, and ultimately unhappiness. So I did what I *always* said I would do: get the hell out of Lakewood.
Thanks for tagging me, Katie!